Hello Hillside Community,
We finished our first short week of school in fine form and ready to start our regular schedule beginning next Tuesday after our Labor Day break.
Jean Sherrard kindly documented some of the games and activities that were held these first few days. Here is a brief overview of the first two days.
One of the activities that had to be postponed until next week was a game built around learning (or relearning) Hillside Student Community Expectations for students. In case anyone student wants to come to school prepared to ace the game, there is an attached copy of the expectations HERE. It will also be posted on the community side of the website under Forms and Info.
In addition, we wanted to alert you that this year, Hillside will be starting an advisory system. Here is a brief overview of our new system:
- The advisory system is primarily to facilitate communication and teamwork among teachers.
- Advisors will occasionally “check in” with each advisee during down times in class or during breaks.
- When students have a concern or problem that is not related to a particular course, they can discuss the issue with their advisor.
- If your child has a concern regarding a particular class or teacher, they should still address the issue with that teacher individually. If the concern continues, a parent may contact the teacher involved. If the concern continues, the parent may contact the school’s director or the child’s advisor.
- Your child’s advisor will be her first period teacher.
- There will not be a separate advisory period during the school day.
We are excited about this program and we hope that students find added comfort in the idea that someone from Hillside is looking out for them.
Finally, here are links to student roster as well as a roster of staff at Hillside. If you catch an error on the roster, please contact Mary at email@example.com.
(Links have been removed. If you need these documents, please email Mary)
Hope you are all enjoying a relaxing long weekend