Hillside is invested in cultivating the gifts of our students so that they can share those gifts with the world in meaningful ways. Our students not only learn to think critically and write effectively, but they also gain a sense of confidence in their ability to be unapologetically creative.
We provide a challenging, college preparatory program centered on recognizing, appreciating, and sharing gifts with one another. We encourage students as they:
- Hone their critical thinking abilities, develop academic skills, and strive for excellence
- Risk mistakes – since errors are stepping stones to creativity and learning
- Participate in a nurturing, respectful, supportive environment
- Explore feelings and choose responsible actions
- Discover their own gifts and celebrate the gifts of others
The development of creative, compassionate, critically thinking individuals is the highest goal of the school. Youth need a central set of ethical values to give them the strength to be unique. Hillside integrates these values within an inspiring core curriculum.