Call to all Hillside Community Artists – Past and Present

Hillside is pleased to host its 1st Annual Art Show,
The Art Fair at Hillside”.

This is your opportunity to share your talents with the larger community while supporting  Hillside’s Scholarship Fund.

Location:
Hillside Student Community School
5027 159th Place SE
Bellevue, WA  98006

Date:
December 1, 2012 from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm (free admission – open to the public)

Opening:
November 30, 2012 from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm (donor party – admission = $10 pp)

Deadline for submissions:
November 1, 2012

Questions:
Contact Monique Catino at monique@hillsidesc.org

Eligibility
Open to all artists and Hillside Student Community School students. Entries must be original and entirely conceived and created by the entrant (no color copies or Giclée).

Payment and Fees
There is no entry fee.

All sales transactions will be administered by Hillside Student Community School and must be finalized by the show’s end. Hillside will retain 20% of all monies collected for all artwork sold for its Scholarship Fund. The Artist will receive the remaining 80% within 30 days of the end of the sale.

Submitting your entry
Online entries only!

All work must be ready for presentation with the appropriate frame and hanging wires and the like. Please follow all submission guidelines below and submit in one e-mail.

1)    E-mail submissions to monique@hillsidesc.org with your contact info (name, address, phone number and e-mail) on ALL documents. Do not send PDF formats.

2)    Attach low resolution JPEG’s of available artwork. You may submit up to 15 pieces (one JPEG per piece).
– each JPEG should be saved at 72 dpi
– use maximum image size of 1200 pixels on longest dimension
– LABEL EACH JPEG WITH YOUR NAME AND TITLE OF THE ARTWORK
ex.: monique_catino_Landscape_In_Italy

3)    Include an image list as an attached document with the following details for each JPEG:
– Title
– Medium
– Size
– Year completed
– Price

4)    Attach a bio/an artist statement

Judging
To ensure that your work is shown alongside works of similar caliber, a select group of artists and staff members will jury all artwork submissions for inclusion in the sale.

Notifications
Entrants will be notified of their status by e-mail by November 15, 2012.

Delivery and pick-up
Accepted works are to be hand delivered on November 29, 2012 between 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm at Hillside Student Community School.

If you have extenuating circumstances that prevent you from checking in at set date, you must contact Monique Catino no later than November 26 to work out an alternative.

Hillside Student Community reserves the right to choose not to display or sell delivered artwork if for some reason it is deemed inappropriate, even if the artist has been invited to participate.

Every precaution will be taken to handle artworks with the utmost care. However, Hillside Student Community School will not be responsible for damage or loss from any cause.

%d bloggers like this: