7.1 Radian Measure
This section introduces a new unit for measuring angles, called the “radian”. At first they seem counter-intuitive but they simplify many calculations.
Video 1: Unit Intro and Radian Measure of Angles
- p.495; 1-4 all, 5-13 odd, 15
- p.495; 16 Hint: Don’t convert the given angles to degrees. Instead, convert the total number of degrees in a triangle to radians, then do all of the work in radians.
- p.495; 17,18 Pick ONE from each quadrant (you don’t have to do all three in each quadrant)
- p.495; 21,23,27,29
- p.496; 41,43
7.2 Radian Measure
- p. 501; 1,3,13,17,21
7.3 Radian Measure
Assignment 7.3 (Part 1)
- Read p. 506 up to Example 1 (not including example 1) on p. 508. Find a “buddy” and discuss what the main point of this section is. When you’ve come to an agreement, find me and explain the main idea.
Video 3: More pythagorean identities with examples.
Video 4: Even and Odd functions. The opposite angle identities.
Assignment 7.3 (Part 2)
- 31,32,33,35,37,39,43-51 odd
7.4 The Graphs of the Sine and COsine functions.
Video 5: Definition of periodic functions. Period.
Video 6: The graph of y=sin(x) on the interval [0,2Pi]
- 1-8 all
- 23-31 odd
- 37a – 37c. 37 d is recommended, but optional (if you do 37d, maybe you can show your class mates how to do it if they have a similar calculator to you).
- 38a, read the box for 38b. This is a useful result. It will come up again, I promise!
- 56, 57, 59, 61
7.5 The Graphs of the Sine and Cosine functions.
Video 7: The graphs of y=Asin(Bx) and y=Acos(Bx)
- 1,3, (5 and 7 are optional),11,12,13,15
- 17-29 odd
- 40-45 all
7.7 The Graphs of the Tangent and reciprocal functions.
Video 8: Limit notation and asymptote warm-up.
Video 9: Graph of tangent function
- 1,5,11,13,21,29-33 odd, 35,37
Assignment: Chapter 7 Mini Boss
- Writing Mathematics; p. 572, #1 (yes, all of it. Complete this without collaborating before you discuss it with classmates.)
- Practice test starting on p. 575