6.1 Trigonometric Functions of Acute Angles
This section is mostly review from geometry. The secant and cosecant functions might be new. Read this section and complete the following assignment. I’m not going to be posting videos for this section since it is review.
6.2 Algebra and the Trigonometric Functions
Video 1 Algebra involving trig functions
Video 2 Some basic, right triangle identities
Quiz 6.2 (Let’s shoot for Tuesday, 3/9/2014):
- Basic right triangle identities: See pink, summary box on page 438.
- p.442 5,7,9,13-29 odd,35-43 odd,47,49,53,55
- p. 9,15,17,25,27,31
Table of Trig Function Values for Special angles, p. 430
6.3 Unit Circle Trigonometry
Video 3 Unit Circle Definition of Trig Functions
- p.469; 1,5,7,9-11,15,17,29-37 odd,41,43,47
- p.470; 59 (a) Do this without a calculator. See how much you can do in your head.
- p.471; 63, 64
6.5 Trigonometric Identities
Video 5: Examples and Strategies
- p.477; 1,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,24,35
- Honors: p.479; #50